Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Future

Edit: Good news for my non-BM hunter friends, it appears WoWHead was wrong and it has now been fixed... all hunters can get the "final tier" talents now.

WoWHead has the WotLK pet talents up.

See all those lovely talents along the bottom there?

Can't get 'em unless you've got 51 points in Beast Mastery.

I think spec'ing anything OTHER than BM in the expansion would drive my OCD-ness up the wall. "You mean I can't get those bottom talents for Tux? *claws at desk*"

But on the other hand, I keep looking at the WotLK hunter talent tree and thinking about all the new hybrid possibilities now. I'm talkin' about the potential to have Serpent's Swiftness and the Super Trap talents from Survival. Or heck, Serpent's Swiftness and Trueshot Aura in an unholy union. Or Expose Weakness, Trueshot Aura, Ranged Weapon Specialization, Improved Barrage, and some points in Master Marksman.

Of course, the big question is whether these potential hybrid builds will ever outclass the new talents. But I find it so very, very interesting to think about...

Anyways! I'm sure many of you are sick of hearing about WotLK, and I do find all the news kind of overwhelming myself. So! I will go back to concentrating on playing my current characters and writing about them (as best as I can anyway; I've been thinking about the ramifications of having a bunch of out-dated guides on my blog... the good news, though, is that there will always be new hunters who always need Hunter Kindergarten posts. At least, I hope so, between all the Death Knights.)

6 comments:

Rilgon Arcsinh said...

WTF? Since when did they change that? It was always 3/6/9/12 points for the tiers, meaning that you could always snag a bottom-tier pet ability, even without the BM talent.

I think Wowhead is screwing the trees up.

Double Sided Hunter said...

This is a great idea, but I'm a bit confused on the pet talents and skills changes. I think it's going to take actually seeing it in action myself before I understand it.

I'm kind of disappointed that pets have so few talent points. I love the idea, but there are some things I'd like to have that I cannot get to without being a beast master.

I don't know... I honestly hope that they decide to rearrange them. I'm not going Beast Master on Lineer to improve my pet.

As for Beast Master on Sabalere, I'm a little more sure about what I want for her, since she has a bat.

Restore 40% of my mana? Thank you, please.

Anonymous said...

What bothers me more is that even with 5 extra pet talent points I'm still only limited to one of the bottom tier talents. And I could easily see it getting respecced depending on what I'm doing. The confusing one is their pet tanking tree. All of the bottom tier talents are something you'd want for a tank but you can only choose one.

Double Sided Hunter said...

Sonvar, Lineer is my Marksmanship hunter and she can't even get into the final tier points because she doesn't have the extra five points that Beast Masters have available to them.

This was depressing, especially because I would love to have a tanking pet on her with the extra taunt ability for leveling. This would make me even more likely to get more pets.

I believe that they should add some points into the talents so that other specs can at least get one of the last tier in the talent trees, then let Beast Masters get a little more.

Blizzard, I hope you're listening!!

Anonymous said...

Huh, I'm using the Cat one and I can get all three talents, I just have to sacrifice a lot of the other talents and just take the ones leading to the bottom tier. Maybe it wasn't coded right before and they've fixed it?

Double Sided Hunter said...

Yeah, they seemed to have fixed the coding on there website and I can officially take up all of the bottom tier as a regular Marksman (Though, I sacrificed Great Stamina and something beyond 1/3 Spiked Collar).

Petopia says that the talent tree looks like this for beta and that the tooltip for the bottom tiers require 20 points, but actually only require 12. I wrote a post about it on my blog.